Art of Praying
Art of Praying
Where did you learn to pray? At your mother's knee? From the nun who taught your religion class? Has your understanding of prayer matured since then, or do you simply pray, year after year, as you were taught as a child? No wonder most people have so many erroneous notions about prayer. No wonder our prayers are still far from what they should be.
This remarkable book offers practical ways for you to improve your prayers today and grow closer to God. Topics include:
- How to pray even when your heart feels empty
- Determining the prayer schedule that's just right for you
- St Francis of Assisi - the five words that gave this holy man an entire night of contemplation
- The saints: why Christians should pray to them - and with them!
- Spontaneous prayer - why it can be less genuine than formal prayers
- "Vague cosmic worship" - has it crept into your prayers?
- The Rosary - just how much should you be saying?
- Family prayer - practical hints to make your own even better.
An inspiring prayer guide for us all! Highly recommended. -- Scott Hahn
Guardini is a master of the spiritual life. It is a blessing to have his book on prayer available in English. -- Ralph Martin
Long ago, Msgr. Guardini helped teach me how to pray. I still rely on his thought and I cannot recommend this book highly enough. -- Rev. Benedict Groeschel
This book by a true man of prayer has helped me pray better. I am grateful for it. -- Rev. George Rutler
ISBN/Code: 9780918477347View full details