Most people have heard the “whats” of Catholic teaching, but very few have ever heard the “whys.” With humor and profound insight, Christopher West demonstrates in this talk that the Church’s teaching on sex and marriage “makes sense,” and corresponds perfectly with the deepest stirrings and desires of the human heart.
Drawing on Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, West shares God’s original plan for marriage and sexuality and how an understanding of this plan gives profound meaning to all our lives-married, single, and consecrated celibates.
In this body of work, the pope asks and answers some of the most fundamental questions of human existence, including:
1. Why were we created male and female?
2. Where do we come from and why?
3. What is the meaning of life? How do we experience it?
4. Why is there evil in the world and how do we overcome it?
In this series of fast-paced talks, Christopher West explains:
1. Why John Paul II’s Theology of the Body has already started a sexual counter-revolution destined to renew the
Church and the world
2. How our culture has been selling us a counterfeit vision of sexual love and what to do about it
3. Why the Church’s teaching on sex and marriage is the “key” to happiness not only for married couples, but also
for single people and even consecrated celibates!